The fast-paced lifestyles of today have taken their toll on the backs of millions of Americans. Currently, back pain is the number one cause of disability in those aged 19-45 and is the second leading cause of missed work days. Total annual cost for back pain in the US alone is estimated to be in excess of $60 billion.
There are a number of factors that contribute to these statistics, including:
- overall increases in work demands
- overall decreases in physical activity
- increases in prolonged sitting (at the desk, in the car, in front of the television)
- lack of periodic spinal checkups and preventative care
- failure to seek immediate care following injury
- failure to receive adequate treatment for back injuries (i.e. medications only without proper rehabilitation of tissues)
- poor postural habits and lifting techniques
Our treatments primarily focus on the cause of your problems, which not only results in rapid and effective pain-relief, but most importantly, minimizes the chance of future back problems.
The Pain Management Specialists at the Institute for Functional Health can safely assess your back injury, and create a therapeutic plan specific to your needs. Our goal is to relieve patients of back pain without the use of invasive treatments.
For us, this begins with a thorough diagnostic assessment. We can then craft a plan that may include chiropractic care and physical therapy. If we believe you are a good candidate for steroid-free joint injections, we will also present you with those options.
We invite you to schedule your Discovery Day with our office. Our integrative approach will get to the root cause of your pain and allow us to build a plan that works with your insurance company for fast pain relief. Quick relief and get you back to your normal life . . . that's our goal!